view performance

From: Jim Poe <jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2002 01:15:14 GMT

Hi,

I have the same view defined in two different databases running on the same W2K machine. The view is not very efficient, having quite a few subselects and unions. In spite of the inefficiencies, I am getting drastic performance differences between the databases.

The view, CTAC_SRCH, is based on a table called CTAC and it's detail tables. In database A, the CTAC table has 2200 records, in database B, the CTAC table has 1020 records. When I run,

        SELECT COUNT(*) FROM CTAC_SRCH
in database A, it takes ~300 seconds to return a count of 10184. The same SQL in database B, never returns a result.

Where would I start looking for the relavent differences in the two databases?

Thanks

--
Jim Poe ( jpoe_at_fulcrumit.com )