Sending SNMP traps from PL/SQL procedure ?

From: Gunther Hermann <ghermann_at_dclient217-162-138-167.hispeed.ch>
Date: 22 Jan 2002 21:50:38 +0100

Hi

hope I'm right in this group with my question.

OK, at my company we're currently building an error handling system which should send notification when something goes wrong in any of our apps.

One kind of notification should be SNMP traps, and since we have quite some PL/SQL code running we're wondering wether it is possible to send a trap from a PL/SQL procedure to an agent of our choice.

I browsed through the Oracle SNMP support docs but found no hint. They seem to deal exclusively with the management of Oracle servers through SNMP.

Maybe somebody here can throw some light on this issue ?

Thanks a lot
Gunther Received on Tue Jan 22 2002 - 14:50:38 CST