Re: Can you share a Private DBLINK without making it public

From: Vincent Ventrone <vav_at_brandeis.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:09:11 -0500

> trying to be an efficent DBA I have now removed them from public and a
user
> now wishes to use the dblink.
>
> Is there any way of sharing the DBLINK.

Not that I'm aware of thought you *can* create a public db link that has no authentication info. associated with it -- in that case each user of the link connects with their own username & password, which must exist on the target DB. I don't know of any way to set up a synonym for the link itself -- AFAIK you can only create synonyms for objects, like tables or views, which include the link in their definition. Received on Tue Jan 22 2002 - 12:09:11 CST