Re: Command line backup

From: Alistair <alistair.thomson_at_sphinxcst.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:09:14 -0000

You can use server manager in one of two ways, either shut down the database and copy all the files (cold backup) or if the database is in archivelog mode you can take a hot backup

alter tablespace system begin backup;
copy the file
alter tablespace system end backup;

There are scripts on the internet that go into this in detail and just require a bit of tweaking to set them for your environment.

Alistair