Re: 8.1.7.2 upgrade

From: Manikandan <manim_vimuja_at_prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 03:35:14 GMT

Also, If you are using Replication -- According to the GREATE Oracle the problem with the Rep_Add package is solved, but it is not solved in 8.1.7.2 patch set.
Which means if you want to add a new column to a replicated table then you have to drop that table from the rep group and then re add it on all the master instances.
This may vary. Acc. to Oracle it is solved in 9i. Check this with Oracle metalink or whatever Oracle source. Our Onsite Oracle rep told us this info.

Regards,
Manniik