Re: when i upgrade a databasesoftware, the database created on it will upgrade auto?

From: Murali <oraclems_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2002 11:32:49 -0800

Knut Talman <knut.talman_at_mytoys.de> wrote in message news:<3C4C33E4.8A857567_at_mytoys.de>...
> xiaoyan wrote:
>
> > such as:
> > i install 81700 and create a database orcl
> > then i use the patchset to upgrade it to 87120
> > does th database orcl upgrade too?
>
> The installer will ask you if you want to migrate the database (if your
> oratab is kept up to date). But I would suggest to do it manually.
>
> Regards,
>
> Knut

There is no database migration involved between patchsets (it's only between versions, like 8.0.6 to 8.1.7). As for the original question, as a part of the patch process, you are required to run some cat* scripts to upgrade your database after applying the patch. This should be documented in the patch README files.

Murali
http://www.dbaquest.com/ Received on Mon Jan 21 2002 - 13:32:49 CST