Transferring a Database using Toad

From: Ed <edward_at_unicity.net>
Date: 21 Jan 2002 10:58:59 -0800

Hello!

A company I work for is going to be transferring a Oracle 8.1.7 database that is currently running on a NT box over to an Oracle 8.1.7 server running on a unix box. Could I just use the export utility of Toad to export the entire database? Is this dump file it creates the same dump file that PL/SQL or other Oracle utilities use to import?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Ed Received on Mon Jan 21 2002 - 12:58:59 CST