Re: LMT and Siebel/Peoplesoft?

From: Vikas Agnihotri <fornewsgroups_at_vikas.mailshell.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2002 09:35:49 -0800

"Daniel A. Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:<3C4B368E.8988E9E5_at_exesolutions.com>...
> Don't use one tablespace size. Create three or four for data and three or four for indexes. For example
>
> data_sml 256K
> data_med 2.5M
> data_lrg 25M
> data_ext 250M

Thats what I wanted to do as well, but unfortunately, the Siebel install/upgrade process doesnt allow you to specify the tablespace with that degree of control.

It just asks you for a data tablespace and a index tablespace. Then it proceeds to create all the objects with (I think) no STORAGE clause in its CREATE statements. For objects with a high growth rate, it uses the old PCTINCREASE concept, which Oracle would ignore anyway for a LMT. Thanks for the ideas. Received on Mon Jan 21 2002 - 11:35:49 CST