Re: oracle 9i dba upgrade exam

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:22:30 -0800

Yes, I've done it in the beta program. I didn't find it very difficult but then again I've run the 9i New Features for Administrators course around the world 7 or 8 times before doing it. The material covers everything that's in that course, including Advanced Replication and Workspaces.

One thing I did like about the exam (if you can like anything about exams) was that it has more scenario based questions, such as here's the disk layout for the database, where's the contention problem? Much better for testing real ability than answer these multiple choice questions.

--
HTH.  Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete
Author of "Oracle8i: Architecture and Administration Exam Cram"

Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook

"Oh no, it's not.  It's much harder than that!"
Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA