Re: Filesystem trouble on Linux

From: Antti Järvinen <costello_at_iki.fi>
Date: 21 Jan 2002 11:13:01 +0200

"Markus Haberstock" <mhaberstock_at_uhab.de> writes:
> However, I would have expected, that this would still cause no problems,
> because Oracle knows how to deal with idiots, like the one, that simply
> unplugged the computer while it was running. But Oracle wasn't able to start
> up. It claimed, that several tablespaces are in need of a recovery. When I
> checked, that the tablespace-files were still there, I realized, that there
> size was decreased! One file had 30 MB instead of 1 GB, another one had 500
> MB instead of 1 GB.

[..]
> Now the questions:
> Can anybody recommend another filesystem to use on the HP server Raid -

I have been using ext3 and jfs with 0 problems, both seem to recover from power failure ok
 but1: I've got no rdbms in the said box  but2: The box in question is not a very busy one propably ext3 or Reiser would be safest bet as they come with the standard kernel but then I've got no idea about how they behave with database data files.

I did change newsgroups of this post.

--
Antti Järvinen, costello_at_iki.fi
            "concerto for two faggots and orchestra"