Re: Archive Log affects performance?

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 22:14:24 +0000 (UTC)

"Stan" <stan0074_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:3C4A4E55.5060607_at_yahoo.com...
> Noodles,
>
> along with no-archive mode, create a huge private rollback segment and
> assign them to your update transaction (set transaction method). This
> would expedite your updates to run more faster.
>
> Stan

I'm not convinced (but I am on my third beer at 10:15pm). Surely the transaction will still require the same amount of redo. How does making a single huge rbs help (excepting of course the case where a rollback segment has maxextents set too small and the whole thing falls over in a heap)?

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA