Installation of Oracle 9i Application Server

From: Susanna <bluegirl80_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Jan 2002 09:19:44 -0800

Hi!
I have been working in school with a installation of oracle 9i application server.. is hard work.. and we get no help from the teachers..
So we tried to install the server on a Pentium 4.. which of course didn´t work..the disk1\setup.exe wouldn´t run ..we found here on the list a cure for that.. You should move the cd content to the harddisc and change the file symcjit.dll to symsjit.old.. now it worked the installation was successful, but some optional configuration tools failed .. (think we did wrong with the TNS string and the portal DAD name.. or something.. we also couldn´t see the difference between origin database and the database..) well we continued anyway.. next step was to install the portal-to-go which wouldnt work either from the disc nor the hardisc with the changed filename.. so does anyone know if there is some more changes u have to do to get it to work? Is the same problem.. u click on the setup file.. it feels like its going to start.. and then nothing happens.. I would be greatful if someone had some kind of help to give

/Susanna Received on Sun Jan 20 2002 - 11:19:44 CST