Re: How to get OID installed?

From: Ban Spam <ban-spam_at_operamail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 20:17:00 GMT

"Philip Cox" <pcc_at_safewalls.net> wrote in news:u4gr2mas2fused_at_corp.supernews.com:

> All,
>
> I have installed 8.1.7.0.0 Enterprise Edition, but cannot for the life
> of me figure out how to get OID installed. I have run the universal
> installer, but don't seem to see it anywhere. Can anyone please
> enlighten me.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phil

I did this just yesterday for 9i.
The installion is buried iunder one of the Tools/Admin choices.

Be warned that you should shutdown ALL other oracle related processes PRIOR to starting the install; including the Listener(s).

OID "really" should be installed within its own (new) instance.

If you have more questions, email me at unixwzrd at hotmail.com

HTH & YMMV! HAND! Received on Sat Jan 19 2002 - 14:17:00 CST