newbie 9i architecture quesiton

From: srg <srg_at_charlottenet.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 16:08:38 -0500

I am new to this stuff. We have 8i enterprise db on the back end. I want to implement the 9i App Server because I heard it's a great J2EE server with built in db support and we already use Oracle db...

Is the 9i app server the middle tier, with browser being the client tier and db being the bback end?

Is 9i app server difficult to set up?

Thanks for you time! Received on Fri Jan 18 2002 - 15:08:38 CST