SGA misc memory goes to 4G

From: Flyfish <d_at_deja.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 13:39:20 -0500

I'm running 8.1.6.0 on HPUX 11.0 (32 bit)(K class boat anchor). Poking about I see that the SGA is like 4.8G, looking in the init.ora I can't see for the life of me how that can be.

select name, bytes from v$sgastat

I see miscellaneous is at 4.2G

Off to Metalink, I find a thread in the enterprise edition forum about this. Oracle rep claims there is a bug open. Can't find the bug in the bug database search engine. Thread is still active (10 months now).

Has anyone else seen this?
Has anyone cured this?

I'd like to raise the value of db_block_buffers but the server seems to be almost out of memory (thanks to this I'm sure) and I'm hesitant to increase the buffer cache since everyone who reported the problem in the metalink forum had the same value (4.2G) for misc and some of them reported getting ora-4031 errors also, I don't need that.

Thanks in advance

Dave Received on Fri Jan 18 2002 - 12:39:20 CST