Re: Export/Import file size on HPUX 11.0

From: Flyfish <d_at_deja.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 12:33:19 -0500

In article <5483713a.0201171049.213b244b_at_posting.google.com>, gary.yu_at_istark.com says...
> Hello,
>
> Is it true that on HPUX (11.0), the maximum export file size is 2GB,
> even if I enabled the large file system on the HP server? If so, how
> can I export a very large database which is more than 2GB using
> exp/imp?
>
> thanks a lot!
> Gary

Have your sysadmin set the largefiles option on your logical volumes, no more 2GB limit, it goes up to something huge but the value escapes me. This is assuming you are using vxfs file systems, hfs does not support largefiles. Otherwise Sybrand's solution is your only option.

Dave Received on Fri Jan 18 2002 - 11:33:19 CST