Re: Free space in segments

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2002 05:45:58 -0800

One way would be to analyze the object, estimate statistics would suffice, but, if you need the most accurate you will need to do a compute statistics. Given that htis is a 50 gb object, you would probably want to estimate. After that is finished, check the table out via select * from dba_tables where table_name = 'YOUR_TABLE_NAME'.  Then check out the number of free_blocks and avg free space per block(for used blocks) and the number of blocks used. You should get the idea now, I hope.

HTH,
Pete's