Net8: Can't connect to a remote server.

From: Ricardo <bla_at_blabla.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:28:22 -0300

I can't connect to a remote network through Net8. In that network, all clients can connect to the Oracle server fine, through their local network.. But when I try to connect to that network from an outside network, using SQL*Plus, for example, I get the following error: TNS-12535 TNS:operation timed out.

There is no firewall between my network and the remote network. The ping and tnsping to the remote host work fine. I already have increased the listener paramenter CONNECT_TIMEOUT and I also have set it to zero. But nothing has worked at all.

Does someone have some tip?

Thanks,

Ricardo
Brazil. Received on Fri Jan 18 2002 - 08:28:22 CST