Listener problems with 9i (9.0.1.1.1) on XP Pro

From: Tony Rothwell <rothwellt_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2002 05:09:09 -0800

I'm having problems with the TNSListener process on a 9.0.1.1.1 installation under Windows XP Pro:-

  1. Initially, I was able to get the Listener to run, but it crashed whenever I did a TNSPING.
  2. Now it's worse, as the TNSListener service fails to start when I attempt to start it using the MS Services management console.

Are these known problems for 9i on XP Pro? Are there any fixes or workarounds available?

Many thanks. Received on Fri Jan 18 2002 - 07:09:09 CST