Re: Oracle 9iAS Question

From: Cristian Veronesi <c.veronesi_at_crpa.it>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:13:54 +0100

Tom Grenier wrote:

> I am a relative newbie to Oracle, so this may be a simplistic answer (and I
> hope at least is correct). But, in my understanding, Oracle Web Application
> Server is Microsoft’s IIS based and Oracle 9i Internet Application Server is
> Apache based. So basically the difference is windoz vs. unix.

False. The webserver included with Oracle (Web) Application Server was not IIS but Spyglass (I think) and the product was (of course) available for Unix too. On the other hand, it is true that 9iAS includes Apache, but the product is (of course) available for Windows too, just like the Apache that comes from http://www.apache.org.

Regards, Cristian

--
Cristian Veronesi ><((((º> http://www.crpa.it

There are no good wars, with the following exceptions: The American
Revolution, World War II, and the Star Wars Trilogy. (Bart Simpson)