JDBC

From: Steven Luk <ginwah_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:39:54 -0800

Hi everybody,
I've installed Oracle9i for linux and it works good. Trying to setup JDBC for my Java programs, I made sure the file classes12.zip is located in $ORACLE_HOME/jdbc/lib and it's on my CLASSPATH. But when I ran the java sample test from the Oracle document I got the error "Can't resolve symbol" and it points to the statement: DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver()); in particular the OracleDriver() function was highlighted. I've included the 'import java.sql.*' at the top so I thought the compiler should be able to see the jdbc support. Then I ran the same program on my windows 98 laptop connected to an Oracle8 server with a different thin driver classes111.zip and there was no problem at all. Any suggestion?
Steve Received on Thu Jan 17 2002 - 18:39:54 CST