Education vs manuals

From: John Russell <netnews2_at_johnrussell.mailshell.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:35:29 GMT

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:27:39 -0000, "George Barbour" <gbarbour_at_csc.com> wrote:
>Oracle is a good and essential product. ...
>It has a very large and successful education and training arm.

Yes, that's an interesting division, with sharp people spread all over the world.

I'm curious how the cost/benefit analysis works for enrolling in a course or purchasing an online training product as opposed to purchasing a manual. What are the advantages people find that make the extra cost worthwhile? Some possibilities I can imagine are:

I'm also curious about the differences in purchasing and authorization:

John

--
Got an Oracle database question?
Try the search engine for the database docs at: