Re: remote shutdown

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:43:03 +0100

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 22:18:32 +0100, "Thierry" <thierry.constant2_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have the following problem:
>A database needs to rebooted, I can't connect to the remote dataserver (
>WNT, PCAnywhere doesn't work ).
>I can connect to the remote database using sqlplus with something like:
>C:\> sqlplus system/manager_at_REMOTEDB
>
>How can I do a shutdown immediate of the remote database ?
>something like :
>svrmgrl> connect internal_at_REMOTEDB
>

>Thanks for your help
>
>WNT 4.0
>oracle 8.1.6

set the init.ora parameter remote_login_password_file to shared or exclusive.
shared will allow SYS to exercise SYSDBA privilege, exclusive will allow you to grant sysdba privilege to any user.

also in svrmgrl it is
svrmgrl > set instance remotedb
svrmgrl> connect internal
password:

This should also work.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Jan 17 2002 - 15:43:03 CST