procedure questions

From: Philip Morrow <cracker_at_mymorrow.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 21:08:10 GMT

Two questions

    Why is it that when compiled a procedure with this body is valid

update mcd.sumps a set a.comp = 1;

but when I try this

update mcd.sumps a set a.comp = 1
where exists (
select 'x' from mcd.sumps b
where a.mstore = b.mstore
and a.fweek = b.fweek
and (a.fyr -1) = b.fyr);

I get this error 'Line# = 6 Column# = 23 Error Text = PLS-00904: insufficiend privilege to access object mcd.sumps' If I'm not mistaken the privileges to perform either operation is the same correct?

Next question is how can I write the above statement where I pass a variable into the procedure and use that variable to represent the schema? e.i. instead of mcd.sumps, variable.sumps. Received on Thu Jan 17 2002 - 15:08:10 CST