Re: Function based indexes

From: Brian Tkatch <SPAMBLOCK.Maxwell_Smart_at_ThePentagon.com.SPAMBLOCK>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 19:59:33 GMT

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 18:53:19 GMT, "Philip Morrow" <cracker_at_mymorrow.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know if you can use function based indexes with 8i standard
>edition. I've been looking for a document on oracles site that lists what
>the features of St and EE are for 8i but all I could find is info on 9i
>
>Thanks
>
>Phil

The Oracle documentation lists the answer to this and other exciting questions.

Getting to Know Oracle8i
Release 2 (8.1.6)
Part Number A76962-01
Chaper 5, "Oracle8i Feature and Option Availability" <URL:http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8i/doc_library/817_doc/server.817/a76962/ch4.htm>

(Don't let the ch4 trick you. It is a link to chapter 5. They must have added chapter number on a Pentium or something.)

It's an interesting link. Normally the FBI checks on you. Here you can check on the FBI.

Brian;