Re: Formating sql_text in v$sqltext

From: Dale Edgar <dale_at_databee.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:59:22 GMT

On 16 Jan 2002 16:39:17 -0800, bchorng_at_yahoo.com (Bass Chorng) wrote:

>Does anybody have a good way to format sql_Text in v$sqltext so
>that it can be spooled and executed ?
>
>The only way I know is manually join the pieces in editor which can
>take forever if the sql_text is huge.
>
>I know there is a new view in 8i v$sqltext_with_new_lines which
>is supposed to do something, but whatever that is, I haven't
>seen it.

The easy way to do this is to get the Freeware DBATool. It will read an export file (created ROWS=N) and present you with the DDL contents in a nicely formatted and intuitive manner.

The DBATool does lots of other useful things as well - its all on the web page: http://www.databee.com/dt_home.htm

Cheers
Dale Edgar
Net 2000 Ltd.
Dale_at_DataBee.com Received on Thu Jan 17 2002 - 12:59:22 CST