Re: Export and backup fails - Oracle 8 / WinNT

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 19:18:59 +0100

On 17 Jan 2002 12:00:18 GMT, Zorglub <no_at_mail> wrote:

>Hello, thanks for your answer.
>I've tried with exp and it works !
>You say "you do not want to use exports for recovery purposes"
>It's not in a production situation but yes, I would like to use exports as a
>backup scheme (as I can't use backups for the same reason as export fails in
>enterprise manager).

What is the problem with writing a little .bat or .cmd file to automate the backup? You're not stating you are going to rely on exports because you don't know how to do that, do you? Rebuilding from an export is going to take much more time, and you *always* will *loose* data.

I would either buy Arcserveit with the special Oracle agent, and you don't have to worry about your backups anymore, or hire a consultant to write the scripts. But then, of course, I am a consultant, :)

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Thu Jan 17 2002 - 12:18:59 CST