Re: IS any one using 9i in production

From: Cristian Veronesi <c.veronesi_at_crpa.it>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 16:51:35 +0100

Gulabchand Jaiswal wrote:

> We are planing to use it for development in a project
> which will go live in feb 2003.
>
> i am looking for some technical/performance guns and ammunition to convince mgmt
> to use it :)..any help will be appreciated..
>
> How was it's performance ? Is anyone out there using it for
> a production DB ?
> what features were most useful ?
> we will be on solaris 8 and 64 bit oracle.

You can tell mgmt that Error Correction Support on Oracle8i will end a few months after the project deadline (31-dec-2003) so it's better to jump to 9i from the beginning.
We are migrating the production server from 7.3.4 to 9.0.1 (on a different machine). Until now the performance seems to be nice as usual. I'm also developing new apps and I found the new XML features very useful. I'm also interested to the new OLAP functions but I haven't tested them yet.

Regards, Cristian

--
Cristian Veronesi ><((((º> http://www.crpa.it

There are no good wars, with the following exceptions: The American
Revolution, World War II, and the Star Wars Trilogy. (Bart Simpson)