hung listener running oracle 9.0.1.2 on Redhat 7.1

From: Felten <sfelten_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 15:45:33 GMT

We are having problems running Oracle 9.0.1.2 on Redhat 7.1. Of course we are trying to go into production now and can't. Our problem goes like this:

A certain number of connections are made. The number could be anywhere from 10 to 400. Then one can not be made - the listener gets hung. Of course everything else still runs...all connections can still use the application. But of course, no new connections can be made.

We are able to restart the listener and then new connections are fine. After a few minutes we can run TOP and VM.

We noticed that IP Filtering was turned on. We turned it off and after 200 connections, the listener hangs.

We do have support from Oracle, but we are going in circles at this point.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.

Scott Felten
Ipsos-ASI Received on Thu Jan 17 2002 - 09:45:33 CST