Re: XML -- in dire need of assistance

From: Henning Follmann <H.Follmann_at_gmx.de>
Date: 17 Jan 2002 10:42:14 -0500

Ooops made a small logical mistake

Henning Follmann <H.Follmann_at_gmx.de> writes:

> I suggest to use XSLT to transform your primarely output.
> (Sorry offtopic)

> <xsl:stylesheet
> version="1.0">
>
> <xsl:output method="xml"/>
>
> <xsl:template match="/">
> <xsl:apply-templates select="Person"/>
> </xsl:template>
>
> <xsl:template match="Person">
> <Person>
> <Name>
> <xsl:value-of select="./Name"/>
> </Name>
> <xsl:apply-template select="Address"/>
> </Person>
> </xsl:template>
>

> <xsl:template match="Address">
> <Address>
> <Street>
> <xsl:value-of select="./Address_item/Street"/>
> </Street>
> <City>
> <xsl:value-of select="./Address_item/City"/>
> </City>
> </Address>
> </xsl:template>

replace previuos template with the two following:

   <xsl:template match="Address">

         <xsl:apply-template select="Address_item"/>    </xsl:template>

   <xsl:template match="Address_item">

     <Address>
       <Street>
         <xsl:value-of select="Street"/>
       </Street>
       <City>
         <xsl:value-of select="City"/>
       </City>
     </Address>

   </xsl:template>

--
Henning Follmann          |   H.Follmann_at_gmx.de
8 Jane Road               |  (+1)(908) 464 8972

-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----