listener hanging

From: fran keenan <fran.keenan_at_yac.com>
Date: 17 Jan 2002 05:38:44 -0800

Setup:
linux, oracle 8.1.7, MultiThreading.

On production database, found remote access to database was hanging. I have found this to happen periodically, and I don't know how to replicate.

e.g.
(1) tnsping service name (working)
(2) from db server sqlplus username/password (working)
(3) from db server sqlplus username/password_at_servicename (hanging)

I had to stop/start the listener and all was fine.

from viewing alert.log and listener log for the period in question I cannot see anything unusual. Also as is the production database I did not have tracing on.

I have read that maybe I should set a queuesize for the listener.

Any suggestions? Received on Thu Jan 17 2002 - 07:38:44 CST