Re: Cost of printed books (was Re: Online Books)

From: John Russell <netnews2_at_johnrussell.mailshell.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 11:44:07 GMT

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:17:34 -0000, "George Barbour" <gbarbour_at_csc.com> wrote:

>can teach you more than you ever need about Oracle, but boy, do they ramble. >The Oracle docset is one of the worst, and its incomplete.

I think we're on the right track here, thanks.

I'm not sure how that could be remedied without knowing some more details. If writers were asked to stop rambling, it might magnify any problems of incompleteness, and vice versa.

Is the rambling due to

or other types of redundancy?

Is it incomplete because of

or other ways that information could be missing?

>These was, maybe there still is, a piece of software called Easyflow,
>written by HavenTree Software Ltd. The software was good and performed well.
>But the manual, the manual, certainly the 1989 version, which I still
>cherish, created a standard which has never been beaten.

You must read the IBM AIX XL Fortran/6000 Version 3 User's Guide. :-)

John

--
Got an Oracle database question?
Try the search engine for the database docs at: