Re: Finding database link connection origin

From: <n.a.ekern_at_usit.uio.no>
Date: 17 Jan 2002 11:42:00 GMT

Joe,

Thank you for your tip. Unfortunately you were right, no sign of which database the connection is coming from, only the host:

COMMENT_TEXT:
Authenticated by: DATABASE; Client address: (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=100.100.10.100)(PORT=54320))

Njål Ekern
naekern_at_hotmail.com
n.a.ekern_at_usit.uio.no

kazimiej_at_bms.com (Joe Kazimierczyk)

You can find out what IP address the connection came from. But if there are multiple databases on that box, I don't think you can tell which one. You can check 'after the fact' if you have session auditing enabled: look for audit records where dba_audit_trail.sessionid = v$session.audsid. The comment field will give you the connection source informatino.

In the login trigger, you can get the IP address via sys_contect & userenv.