Re: High availability of Oracle DB

From: Hieraklion <hieraklion_at_spray.fr>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 12:29:19 +0100

"Bonjour" from Paris,

Stephan is right : all the sessions are lost (rollbacked) and the users or the applications need to be
re-started or reconnected to the base. In fact the failover (i.e the launch of the instance on the second machine) is a shutdown immediate/startup standard procedure. Sometimes it's a shutdown abort/startup procedure, it depends of the nature of the problem requiring the failover.

The longer is the switch of the disks/volume/and fs.

I have no experience on HACMP but i use Veritas Cluster Server with Oracle on Sun Sparc E3500 cluster and this HA architecture is great ! No particular pbm during one year of production. And one failover due to a network problem - the first server had lost is IP due to a catalyst pbm).

"Au revoir" from Paris
Hieraklion