how to know the latest sequence number?

From: Bill Han <billxhan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 09:48:09 GMT

Hi everyone,

I use a sequence's next value as table's primary key to append a record. After that, how can I know what that number is?

        insert into Contact (contact_id, contact_name)
        values (contact_seq.nextval, in_contact_name)

then I want to know what is the contact_id I just used?

Thanks,
Bill Received on Thu Jan 17 2002 - 03:48:09 CST