Running 2 SQL*Loader sessions simultaneously on one table with Standard Edition

From: Yash <yash_ganthe_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:50:25 +0530

Hi,

    This requires urgent help.
I have an application which spawns 2 parallel processes. Each process starts an SQL*Loader session to load into the same table. This works fine with Enterprise Edition as it has the comfort of PARALLEL=TRUE option in SQL*Loader. But this option is unavailable with the Standard Edition. The Standard Edition also lacks the Parallel Server. On my Enterprise Edition, I simulated the scenario by running 2 SQL*Loader sessions simultaneously without PARALLEL option . Here is what I got.

SQL*Loader: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Wed Jan 16 18:12:27 2002

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

SQL*Loader: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Wed Jan 16 18:12:27 2002

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

SQL*Loader-908: Unable to lock table LDRTEST due to ORACLE error 54

I wonder how my application will work with the standard Edition if sql loader does not support the parallel option. It will work with Conventional Path load. But I badly need the DIRECT path load.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Yash Ganthe Received on Wed Jan 16 2002 - 23:20:25 CST