Re: Oracle versus Sqlserver

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:39:53 +0000

Well I presume the initial posting was intended to start a flame war so it would be almost rude not to jump in ... right?

I've seen this list before. In fact I use it in my class at the University of Washington to demonstrate how most of the comparisons made between products are totally pointless and are just done to inspire angst and release testosterone.

Want to deal with real differences? Deal with:

  1. Multiversioning
  2. Read consistent queries
  3. Blocking reads
  4. Blocking writes