Re: Advanced Replication VS Materialized views

From: Georgiy Kudryavtsev <georgiy_at_online.ru>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 19:30:17 +0300

If Database B is read only for users use materialized view instead of Multimaster Replication.
First way is

1. much more simple and reliable in operation
2. much more simple to support, change, upgrade, etc.
3. more independent from Oracle version
4. faster (much more :)

You need Multimaster Replication if two sites can concurrently update the same data.
So you need conflict resolution and etc...

--
Georgiy Kudryavtsev	Voice:	(095) 787-1316
Teleross			(095) 787-1000