Re: How to adjust syslog.conf in order to get ora messages in syslog?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 17:30:52 +0100

On 16 Jan 2002 06:41:41 -0800, opal_at_xs4all.nl (Martijn Rutte) wrote:

>Can anyone tell me which entries I should incorporate into the
>/etc/syslog.conf in order to have AIX 4.3.3. display oracle errors and
>warnings?
>
>Is it something like 'user.err' and 'user.warn' or am I mistaken?
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Martijn Rutte

In 8i you could 'maybe' do it, by creating a on servererror trigger. The on servererror trigger calls the appropiate AIX system call (via Oracle's external procedure mechanism) to log the error. What the exact system call is, is no doubt define in the man pages, a man sysconf would help you out.
Interesting question, I have recently considered doing this myself, but on that system I don't have C compiler at my disposal.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jan 16 2002 - 10:30:52 CST