Re: Problem with logon trigger

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:03:13 +0800

No I am not suggesting that Audit is not useful. Database Event Triggers are much more
flexible and extensible.
Even otherwise, it is hardly any effort to create a table and write a single trigger to capture logon information alone.
And the trigger can be added, enabled, disabled online without having to restart the instance to change the audit_trail= init.ora parameter. I have a database where logon information was required "we want to capture all logons from tomorrow" but I could not schedule a database shutdown and restart to set audit_trail or to relocate the SYS.AUD$ table.

Hemant K Chitale