Totally confused - head crash with oracle HD

From: Simone Stoiber <simone.stoiber_at_jku.at>
Date: 16 Jan 2002 07:01:58 -0800

Hi,

I'm in great trouble - the ORACLE database for our website and the DBMS are lost because of a head crash. All I could find "as backup" was

1. ctl1.ora
2. ctl2.ora
3. indx.ora
4. log1.ora
5. log2.ora
6. rbs1..
7. sys1..
8. usr1..
9. tmp1..

10. init...
AND a 160 MB file called Institut without file extension, that contains data from the website.
Unfortunately, I don't know when and how these files were created but the file Institut seems to be "young".

Now I face following problems: I installed ORACLE on another machine, created a database and tried to attach the file Institut as ora data file to the USR tablespace.... nothing happened. I've read some messages in this newsgroup concerning recovering, mounting and so on and I must admit that I'm totally helpless :-(

I depend on your help!

Many thanks in advance,

Simone Received on Wed Jan 16 2002 - 09:01:58 CST