More on java procedures executing server-side processes

From: Jeremy Ovenden <jovenden_NOSPAM_at_hazelweb.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:05:41 -0000

I know what I want to do is now possible - but have no knowledge of java which may present a problem!

I have looked around this ng plus the obligatory asktom.oracle.com site but cannot find the info I need.

Essentially the plan is this:

I have taken Tom's examples and am now able to successfully execute my shell script on the server from within pl/sql but what I don't know is how to then 'capture' the data that is displayed back.

The java that I have implemented is as Tom lists here : http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:952229840 241

I have replaced the '/usr/bin/ps -ef' and required privileges etc with my own shell script which once it has done its work uses 'cat' to send output back.

I have looked also on the asktom site at the example in

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:406639::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F 4950_P8_CRITERIA:439619916584,%7Butl_file%7D%20and%20%7Bdelete%7D

where it is taking a list of files produced by the 'ls' command and storing them in a temporary table.

This is along the lines of what I wish to do but, owing to the aforementioned absence of java knowledge, I am finding it difficult to proceed.

I think I want to meld elements of the two examples - i.e. the first one displays back the output of the script - I want to 'capture' this output and then store it in a table.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks
Jeremy Received on Wed Jan 16 2002 - 07:05:41 CST