Re: Oracle 8i installation on RedHat 7.1 hangs

From: Kim Emax - ayianapa.dk <newsgroup_at_fjerndette-ayianapa.dk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:11:04 +0100

"kannan" <k_anantharaman_at_hotmail.com> wrote

> When i launch the runInstaller program, it doesnt do anything ... just
> displays a message saying that its launching the installer using the
> JRE and does nothing.

I have the same problem with same RH, and Oracle 8.1.7, same Version U´re using? I´ve got a link to a _very_ nice guide: http://www.idevelopment.info/ -> dba tips -> tip 54

Let me know if it works for U(kim_at_emax.dk), since I´ve lost almost all my hair trying to install that fucker the last couple of days... :o)

Njoy.

--
Take Care
Kim Emax