Characters are inserted wrong

From: Robert Drinovac <rdrinova_at_invatron.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:22:12 -0500

I have a question regarding an insert problem I am having using ODBC. The application is running on a WIN 32 system and the database is Oracle 8i and is located on a AIX system. The statement I have is below:

insert into table1 (test1) values ('Parent Ingr 1§§ø')

When I look at what got stored in the database, I see this returned:

Parent Ingr 1???

The problem is that the § and the ø symbol got substituted with a question mark. The symbols I am using are in the 8-bit ASCII range. Is there a way to work insert the characters properly? I noticed there is a Translation Options tab located in the ODBC driver configuration which I might be able to set to something although I don't know what it should be set at the moment.

--
Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Robert Drinovac