Re: procedures in dba studio

From: Daniel A. Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:13:11 +0000

Can't help you there as I don't like DBA Studio. But I can help you in two other ways.

  1. Log on in SQL*Plus and type the following at the SQL> command prompt:

alter procedure <proc_name> compile;

it will either compile successfully for indicate that errors exist. To view the errors and their associated line numbers type:

SHO ERR 2. SQL Server code migrated to PL/SQL is usually garbage. I strongly urge you to use what you have as a starting point and rewrite it to take advantage of (not sabotage) Oracle's shared pool.

Daniel Morgan