Oracle 8i on Windows NT

From: Christopher Luther <cluther*nospam*_at_*nospam*xybernaut.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:52:52 -0500

All,

Our NT based Oracle 8.1.7 lister looks for connections on TCP 1521. However, when a client requests a connection, the final TCP port negotiated is something other than TCP 1521. I do not see this behavior under UNIX. is there some way to configure Oracle 8.1.7 under NT to not port-hop and stick to TCP 1521 as does our UNIX-based Oracle server?

--

Sincerely,

L. Christopher Luther
Technical Consultant
Xybernaut Solutions, Inc.
(703) 506-0400 x230
cluther_at_xybernaut.com
http://www.xybernaut.com/selfware/selfware.htm

My PGP Public Key:
http://keyserver.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x21261B88

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE:  This communication contains
information that is confidential and/or legally privileged.
This information is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity named on this communication. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution, printing or other use of, or any action
in reliance on, the contents of this communication is strictly
prohibited.  If you receive this communication in error, please
immediately notify us by telephone at (703) 506-0400.

Unsolicited commercial e-mail will automatically be reported
to the appropriate abuse@ - without exception.