Re: Migrating Oracle from Unix To Windows NT

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 18:43:13 +0100

On 15 Jan 2002 07:02:05 -0800, sri_raman_at_hotmail.com (Sriram) wrote:

>I am planning to migrate our database from Oracle 7.x (Unix) to Oracle
>8.0 (Windows NT). Where do I get a relevant documents? Is there any
>specific issues that I should take care during the migration? Will my
>front-end applications (connected via ODBC) need to be altered?
>
>Thanks for your help.
>Sriram

Oracle 8.0 has been desupported. The current release in 8 is 8.1.7

I'm not sure why you are giving up Unix, especially when Unix is much more suitable to host a database server than any Windows NT server.

The only way you can migrate is using export import. Do not forget to ftp the file to NT in *binary* mode.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Jan 15 2002 - 11:43:13 CST