LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST

From: Andreas Kesenheimer <Andreas.Kesenheimer_at_ido-systeme.de>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 15:53:03 +0100

Hi,

for "feeding" of a standby database I would like to set up a second destination for archived redo-logs.

In my documentation (DBA Handbook from ORacle Press) I find a pair of two parameters which must be used in "initSID.ora":

LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n=<path>

and

LOG_ARCHIVE_STATE_DEST_n=ENABLED

First, second parameter is rejected from server during startup with:

'ENABLED' is not an allowable value for 'log_archive_dest_state_1'

could anyone tell me what value is allowed (maybe a link to a complete reference of parameters and allowed values in initSID.ora would help a lot)?

Second, the only destination that is actualy used is that path which comes last in my configuration file - no matter what number "n" it has.

Any clue?

Thanx in advance.

Andreas Received on Tue Jan 15 2002 - 08:53:03 CST