Re: SIEBEL performance help wanted

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 14:24:28 GMT

>I find this well not exactly unbelievable but absolutely mad.

I don't. Peoplesoft used to be like this. Siebel is not th only one like this either...

>This would
>mean then that you can't use hints, you can't partition tables, you can't
>use bitmap indices you can't create or use materialized views etc etc.

exactly. and a lot more.

>Presumably you pay for 6 months worth of "consultancy" for performance
>problems and then they tell you to buy a bigger box?

akshally, they'll probably tell you to "scale up to a mainframe". or words to that effect...
and people fall for it.

>Or have I just gone off the deep end here.

no. those picking Siebel are the ones that did...

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam Received on Tue Jan 15 2002 - 08:24:28 CST