Re: Problem with logon trigger

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:29:16 +0800

Georg,

You do need to grant SELECT ON V_$SESSION to PUBLIC or use V$SESSION which
is already a PUBLIC SYNONYM for SYS.V_$SESSION. Normally, you'd create a Logon trigger in the SYSTEM or any other non-SYS DBA
account. In that case grant SELECT on
SYS.V_$SESSION to such account.

Sybrand,

As with many of your postings you do seem to be behind the times. The Logon trigger (actually database event trigger) is new (8i) ;
the audit feature is old.
There are good reasons for using database triggers. e.g. using database triggers for logon auditing you can setup your own audit table, do not need to worry about relocating SYS.AUD$ out of the SYSTEM Tablespace, you can write your own PLSQL code to authenticate/disallow users etc. Look up Note 74173.1 on Database Event Triggers in 8i.

Hemant K Chitale